Welcome to Italian cuisine! A classic dish from this beautiful country is of course the Spaghetti Carbonara. But this dish has many variants, you can really go in all directions with it. And yes, that's the nice thing about cooking: you can make it your own!
This Italian pasta is packed with flavour, perfect if you want to impress family or friends with a dinner that could just as well have come from a 5 star restaurant. But hey, how do you do? Patrick van Cookwaus explains it to you!
Ingredients for 4 people:
400 grams spaghetti
200 grams Chorizo in cubes
2 little gems
100 grams Parmesan cheese (grated)
pinch of salt and pepper
8 tiger prawns
400 grams of salmon
- Put the Chorizo in a pan and fry until nice and crispy. They don't need to be baked all the way through.
- Meanwhile, put a large pan of water with a pinch of salt on the fire and when the water boils, add the spaghetti. Cook the spaghetti in about 10 minutes al dente (or check the packaging for the method of preparation).
- Add the pasta straight from the pan you cooked it in to the pan with Chorizo and toss through. Turn off the heat of the pan with bacon and spaghetti.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese and add a little bit of pasta cooking water, so that the cheese melts.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs and add them while stirring. Keep stirring until it becomes a creamy sauce.
- Grill the tiger prawns and prepare the salmon together with the little gem on the BBQ and serve with the spaghetti carbonada
May I introduce myself? My name is Patrick Jansen and the cook behind Cookwaus on Instagram and Facebook. Together with Cook and Pan I give you a unique view into my kitchen, how do I prepare my dishes? And what are the real tips and tricks? I'll show you all on my Instagram account and on the Cook and Pan website.
Check out Cookwaus' instagram account here.