If you have an induction hob, you know that not every pan is suitable for cooking on it. In this article we will discuss which wok pan is suitable for induction. We will discuss the different types of wok pans, the materials they are made of and what you should pay attention to when choosing a wok pan for induction.
What is a wok pan?
A wok is an Asian pan that is mainly used for stir-frying and deep-frying. The pan has a convex bottom, high and sloping sides, making it easy to stir. Stir-frying is a fast and healthy way of cooking because the ingredients are briefly fried over high heat so that they retain their nutrients.
Types of wok pans
There are different types of wok pans available, but the most common are:
- Carbon steel wok pan: this pan is made of carbon steel (Carbon steel) and is often used in Asian kitchens. It is a Wok that heats up quickly, but also cools down quickly. This makes it ideal for stir-frying vegetables and meat.
- Aluminum wok pan: this pan is made of aluminum and is lightweight. It heats up quickly and spreads the heat evenly across the pan. This makes it ideal for stir-frying various dishes.
- Stainless steel wok pan: this pan is made of stainless steel and is durable and easy to clean. The disadvantage is that it conducts heat less well than other materials. This wok can easily be put in the dishwasher.
Materials for induction
Not every wok is suitable for induction, because the hob works on the basis of magnetism. The pan must therefore be magnetic to work on the induction hob. Most steel and cast iron woks are magnetic and therefore suitable for induction.
What to pay attention to when choosing a wok pan for induction
If you want to buy an induction wok, there are a number of things you should pay attention to. Here are a few tips:
- Choose a pan that is magnetic, such as a steel, cast iron or aluminum wok. (Some aluminum pans cannot be used on induction, at Cook and Pan all aluminum pans are equipped with an induction bottom, making them suitable for induction )
- Pay attention to the bottom of the pan. This must be flat and smooth to make good contact with the hob.
The size of the wok pan
The size of the wok pan is also important when choosing a wok pan for induction. The size depends on the size of the induction hob and the number of people you are cooking for. In general, a pan of 28 to 36 cm is suitable for an induction hob with a diameter of 18 cm. A larger pan may be too heavy for the hob and the heat distribution may be less good. The most popular sizes of wok pans are 28 and 30 cm. These are ideal for an average family.
Maintenance of the wok pan
To enjoy your wok pan for as long as possible, proper maintenance is important. If you have a steel or cast iron wok, you should clean it after each use with warm water and a soft sponge. Dry the pan thoroughly and grease it with a little oil to prevent rust formation. If you have an aluminum or stainless steel wok pan, you can clean it with warm water and dishwashing liquid. Then let the pan dry thoroughly.
If you are looking for an induction wok, there are a number of things you should pay attention to. Choose a pan that is magnetic, such as a steel or cast iron pan, paying attention to the bottom of the pan and the size of the pan. Don't forget to maintain the pan well for a longer lifespan. Do you want to be sure of induction suitability and quality? Then take a look at the induction wok pans from Cook and Pan. 15,000+ customers preceded you. Enjoy free shipping, post-payment and a 30-day reflection period.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use an aluminum wok pan on induction?
Often not, unless it has an induction bottom. At Cook and Pan, all aluminum pans have an induction pan, so they can be used on induction.
What size wok pan is suitable for an induction hob?
In general, a pan of 28 to 36 cm is suitable for an induction hob with a diameter of 18 cm. The most commonly chosen size wok pans are 28 and 30 cm.
How can I clean my steel wok pan?
You can clean your steel wok pan with warm water and a soft sponge. Dry the pan thoroughly and grease it with a little oil to prevent rust formation.
Can I put my cast iron wok in the dishwasher?
No, it is not recommended to put a cast iron wok in the dishwasher because this can damage the pan
Which wok is best for stir-frying vegetables and meat?
A steel wok or an aluminum wok are both suitable for stir-frying vegetables and meat because they heat up quickly and have good heat distribution.