Everyone knows the standard stew of endive, but other than that, most people do not come with this vegetable. We think it's a shame, because you can experience so many variations that are often not thought of!
Here is the proof that things can be done differently and better. By using fresh orange, tender lamb chops and delicious buttermilk marinade, you arrive at a completely different endive. One that is a bit more of the time, of course there is nothing wrong with the standard Endive and it remains tasty. Yet today we take our naughty shoes to inspire you with this delicious dish.
- Large head of endive, or sliced for the lamb chops (We recommend 3 chops per person.).
- 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds
- 300 ml buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 sprigs of oregano for the dressing
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 bunch oregano
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon dried Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Grate of 1 orange for the bean cream
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon of oil
- 2 cans of white beans
Preparation method Lamb chops:
- Grind the fennel seed in the mortar
- Sprinkle the fennel seeds in a large baking dish and add the buttermilk, salt and oregano. Mix this together.
- Place the cutlets in the marinade, cover and preferably overnight in the marinade
- Remove the cutlets from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
Preparation method Dressing:
- Finely chop the shallot
- Zip the oregano leaves and roughly chop them
- Boil everything in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of water
- Grate half of the orange zest with a lemon peeler into curls and add to the dressing together with the other ingredients for the dressing.
Preparation method Bean cream:
- Heat a pan and add 1/2 tablespoon of oil
- Fry the garlic in it
- Add the beans and 50 ml water, heat through
- Puree the beans into a smooth cream and warm it up just before serving.
Preparation method Endive:
- Heat a pan, preferably a grill pan .
- Halve the crop and cut into long parts
- Brush with some olive oil and sprinkle some salt over it
- Grill on both sides for a few minutes
Fry the chops over medium heat in a griddle pan, about 5 minutes per side. Then heat everything up and serve it on a large platter. Spread the dressing over the endive and garnish with the remaining 1/2 orange curls.
That was him! You have now made a delicious Endive the modern way.
And delicious shall we say!
Greetings Ingrid from Cook and Pan.
Click here to view Ingrid's Instagram.
At Cook and Pan you will not only find the tastiest dishes, we are also happy to give you Tips & Tricks for the kitchen. You can also shop the most beautiful and high-quality kitchen items at Cook and Pan! Many satisfied customers have already preceded you, feel free to view our collection .
Do you have any questions about this recipe or do you want to let us know how delicious this was?! We are always open for contact! Feel free to mail to info@CookandPan.nl or fill in the contact form on the website.