If you've already tasted the Moroccan chicken tagine, chances are you'll love this dish! And if you don't know it yet, this is really worth a try.
With the tagine, a traditional cooking pot from North Africa, you can prepare the most delicious dishes.
It really doesn't have to be made in the tagine. If you have one, definitely do it, but it can also be done in a regular stewpan/casserole. Still looking for the perfect casserole for this delicious dish? Please take a look at our range .
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lemon
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 chicken thighs with or without bone
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into arcs
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut crosswise into thick slices
- 150 gr green olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add the above mentioned spices and the minced garlic.
- Cut the onion into rings and carrots into long slices.
- Add the chicken to a pan with the olive oil and fry for about 10 minutes until nicely browned on all sides.
- Add the onions, carrots and olives in between and fry for a while
- You can now put the chicken and vegetables in a tagine or just leave it in the pan. Add a crumbled cube of chicken stock and then let everything simmer on a low heat for 35 minutes with the lid on.
- Finely chop the coriander and serve over the tagine when you are going to serve along with the lemon.
Enjoy your dinner!
Roos - Cook and Pan.
At Cook and Pan you will not only find the tastiest dishes, we are also happy to give you Tips & Tricks for the kitchen. You can also shop the most beautiful and high-quality kitchen items at Cook and Pan! Many satisfied customers have already preceded you, feel free to view our collection .
Want more inspiration from Rosella? Check out her Instagram: @ kookbijroos ! Here you will also find her inspiring cookbook.
Do you have any questions about this recipe or do you want to let us know how delicious this was?! We are always open for contact! Feel free to mail to info@CookandPan.nl or fill in the contact form on the website.