Want to try something unique? We're going on a French tour with a delicious raw steak dish flavored with Worchester sauce, Tabasco and mustard!
Raw meat? Yes that's right. You can eat this fine even though it may sound a bit strange at first. If you get your beef from the butcher, you know it's quality meat, so do it. Raw meat from the supermarket is really a no-no in this case. Extra tip: also indicate to your professional butcher that you want to eat the meat raw, then you have done a double check and it should be all right. Then you can start well prepared with this delicious recipe.
Ingredients for 2 persons
- 200 gr steak
- 1 teaspoon capers drained
- 2 pickles finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon worchester sauce
- Tabasco to taste
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 egg yolks
- Small handful of freshly chopped flat parsley
- Place the meat mixture in a bowl with the chopped gherkins, shallot, parsley and capers. Mix this well.
- Add the Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and salt & pepper and mix well. Taste for good taste and add some more of the above seasonings if necessary.
- Prepare the steak tartare using a serving ring. Place on a plate and add half of the tartar mixture. Press firmly with a spoon and (gently) lift the ring.
- Serve the steak tartare with an egg yolk and some salt and pepper.
Don't want to use raw egg? No problem! Then put on a pan with water and bring it to the boil, put some olive oil in a ladle and carefully put the egg yolk in it. Boil your egg yolk gently by placing the spoon in the water.
Then serve on the steak tartare with some freshly chopped parsley.
Enjoy your dinner!
rosella - Cook and Pan.
At Cook and Pan you will not only find the tastiest dishes, we are also happy to give you Tips & Tricks for the kitchen. You can also shop the most beautiful and high-quality kitchen items at Cook and Pan! Many satisfied customers have already preceded you, feel free to view our collection .
Want more inspiration from Rosella? Check out her Instagram: @ kookbijroos ! Here you will also find her inspiring cookbook.
Do you have any questions about this recipe or do you want to let us know how delicious this was?! We are always open for contact! Feel free to mail to info@CookandPan.nl or fill in the contact form on the website.