Of all the delicious seafood pasta recipes out there in Italy, spaghetti Vongole is probably at the top of many Italians.
The classic recipe for spaghetti alle Vongole is the perfect dinner for a warm summer evening to enjoy with your family and friends, for example, while enjoying a delicious drink... This simple dish of spaghetti and clams is flavored with garlic, peppers, white wine and parsley. Then it will probably take a long time to prepare this dish? Oh, no! You can put this delicious dish together in less than thirty minutes.
- 200 g linguine
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 100 ml dry white wine, (Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio)
- 1/2 red pepper with seeds chopped or 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 500 gr clams, cockles or clams
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest, from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or more to taste
- Cook the spaghetti (al dente)
- Wash the clams in plenty of salted water. Drain and rinse a second time with plain water until the water runs clear.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and fry the garlic and shallot. Until the onion is translucent.
- Add the clams and fry for a minute or two. Then add the white wine and put the lid on the pan. Let it simmer until the shells open, this takes about 3 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti, red pepper and chopped parsley, mix briefly and then sprinkle the pasta with some lemon juice.
rosella - Cook and Pan.
At Cook and Pan you will not only find the tastiest dishes, we are also happy to give you Tips & Tricks for the kitchen. You can also shop the most beautiful and high-quality kitchen items at Cook and Pan! Many satisfied customers have already preceded you, feel free to view our collection .
Want more inspiration from Rosella? Check out her Instagram: @ kookbijroos ! Here you will also find her inspiring cookbook.
Do you have any questions about this recipe or do you want to let us know how delicious this was?! We are always open for contact! Feel free to mail to info@CookandPan.nl or fill in the contact form on the website.