Butter Chicken with homemade naan bread
Think making Indian food at home is too much to begin with? Just try this easy Butter Chicken with naan bread recipe. It's an easy yet delicious version of authentic Indian butter chicken. You must try this delicious taste sensation once. You only take some time for it, but after you have tasted the result, it is well worth it!
Ingrid Beens-Goutier has years of experience in the kitchen, she loves to share her homemade recipes and to inspire others. This tasty dish is also from her, she is happy to explain how to prepare this easy meal:
You probably know it; of those gloomy/rainy days like unfortunately many in the Netherlands. Pep yourself up with this delicious Curry! Instant healer!
And: Making Indian Naan bread is extremely easy and tastes much better than store bought bread if you ask us, most of the time is spent rising the dough, otherwise it is extremely easy! Experience the traditional Indian feeling extra by making the naan bread yourself.
- 500 grams of chicken thigh fillet
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 200 ml yogurt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 0.5 teaspoon chili powder
- Juice of one lime with 0.5 teaspoon of salt
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons oil + 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 2 finely chopped red peppers
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 400 grams of peeled tomatoes
Extra: Naan bread:
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 grams of dry yeast
- 350 grams of flour + a little extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 125 ml yogurt
- 50 grams of melted butter
- 0.5 bunch coriander (only the leaves finely chopped)
- 2 to 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- Mix all the ingredients of the marinade well
- Add the chicken to the marinade, cover and place in the refrigerator. Leave this for at least one hour, preferably even overnight.
- Then remove as much marinade from the chicken as possible and keep the marinade. Fry the chicken in oil, with two tablespoons of butter for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and add 2 tablespoons of butter, onion and peppers to the pan and fry for about 4 minutes.
- Then add the garam masala and fry for another minute, then deglaze with the fresh tomatoes and the marinade.
- Let it boil for a few minutes. Then you can puree it, it does not have to be pureed completely smooth.
- Place the chicken in the sauce, cover the pan and let it simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Ideally, serve the butter chicken with fresh naan bread. Below you can see the recipe for naan bread.
Preparation method Naan bread
- Mix the sugar with yeast and 125 ml lukewarm/warm water. Let it sit for about 10 minutes until it foams
- Mix 350 grams of flour with salt in a bowl. Make a 'well' in the flour and pour in the yeast mixture you just made, together with yogurt and one tablespoon of oil. Then knead it into a smooth dough for about 10 minutes
- You can now place the dough in an oil-greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 1.5 hours until doubled in volume.
- Mix all ingredients for the herb butter in a bowl.
- Grease a large pan with oil, for good pans look in the Cook and Pan shop. These are certainly suitable.
- Dust your work surface with some flour, knead the dough briefly and make 6 portions.
- Roll out the portions and bake for 1-2 minutes until bubbles form. Then flip them over and cook the other side.
- Brush the buns directly from the pan with herb butter, keep them warm under aluminum foil
Then you can combine the dishes and enjoy this typical Indian dish. Be more inspired by the recipes of Cook and Pan!
Enjoy your meal, keep calm and curry on!
Click here to check out Ingrid's Instagram.
At Cook and Pan you will not only find the tastiest dishes, we are also happy to give you Tips & Tricks for the kitchen. You can also shop the most beautiful and high-quality kitchen items at Cook and Pan! Many satisfied customers have already preceded you, feel free to view our collection .
Do you have any questions about this recipe or do you want to let us know how delicious this was?! We are always open for contact! Feel free to mail to info@CookandPan.nl or fill in the contact form on the website.