Whether you like them or not, it's always useful to know how to cook the perfect Brussels sprouts. We are happy to show you how. We will also give you a few tips from the chef.
A good Brussels sprout is a wonderful thing. It should be green, al dente and taste good. When cooked properly they even have a delicious nutty flavor. The key to the perfect Brussels sprouts is cooking them very briefly. Anything longer than six minutes is probably too long. Or do you like soft Brussels sprouts.
cooking Brussels sprouts
Cooking Brussels sprouts is very easy and not time-consuming, we are happy to explain how to make the best Brussels sprouts. With the tips under the preparation method, you will certainly succeed in preparing the most delicious Brussels sprouts.
- Cut off the tough ends and remove the unsightly leaves from the sprouts.
- Then wash the sprouts in water.
- Place a saucepan on the stove, add salt and bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling you can add the sprouts. After 6 minutes you can remove the sprouts. (Do you like softer sprouts? Let it cook for about 8 minutes.)
- Drain the water and serve the Brussels sprouts with butter and pepper if desired.
Tips from the chef:
- Do you have smaller Brussels sprouts? Then cook a few minutes less.
- Do not make a cross in the bottom of the Brussels sprouts, this is of no use. Your Brussels sprouts will taste less good because they contain water.
- Are the sprouts part of a large dish? Prepare the Brussels sprouts last so that they stay nice and warm and fresh.
How long to cook syringes?
How long to cook Brussels sprouts? This strongly depends on the size. On average, let Brussels sprouts cook for about 6 minutes. If you have purchased small sprouts, 3 minutes will also work fine.
Brussels sprouts in Airfryer
Brussels sprouts in the Airfryer is a great idea! They are healthy and deliciously crunchy to serve with your dish. Trim the Brussels sprouts and clean them in water. Sprinkle them with oil and some herbs and then put them in the Airfryer for 5 minutes at 200 degrees. Shake the Brussels sprouts around in the Airfryer and let the Brussels sprouts again at 200 degrees for 5 minutes. Isn't this crunchy enough for you? Then you can do one more round in the Airfryer for 5 minutes at 200 degrees.
Chef's tip: A combination of Brussels sprouts in the Airfryer with bacon is delicious! The pre-fried Bacon can then easily be placed in the Airfryer.
Cooking frozen Brussels sprouts
You can cook frozen sprouts immediately. But the best thing is to thaw them out first if you have the time. If you cook them frozen, a lot of moisture will remain in the Brussels sprouts and the Brussels sprouts will lose flavor.
We hope you have benefited from our tips! Put it on and enjoy!
Team Cook and Pan