Rack of lamb are lamb chops that are stuck together. It is a delicious piece of meat that is very easy to prepare. The rack is often flavored with a rub of green herbs. But what is also super delicious is to marinate the rack with pistachio, ground peppers, bread crumbs and French mustard. You quickly fry them in the pan and then you cook the rack of lamb in the oven until it is just right. Bring a classic restaurant dish to your own kitchen. Quality kitchen items contribute to improved cooking performance and more fun in the kitchen. You will therefore find healthy and high-quality pans at Cook and Pan.
- 340 gr rack of lamb (1 rack of lamb pp)
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs/panko
- French Mustard (or mustard of your choice)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 carrots (2 cut lengthwise)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- 2. Place the pistachios, breadcrumbs, a little salt and pepper in the food processor and grind until crumbly. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and mix until well blended.
- Sprinkle the leg of lamb with ground pepper and salt.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. When the frying pan is hot enough, add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan (3 tbsp oil)
- Add the lamb to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes on each side until browned
- Transfer the lamb to a medium sized roasting pan or baking dish, fat side up, (where most of the meat is). Spread some mustard over the top of the meat, then dab the pistachio and breadcrumb mixture over the mustard layer on the lamb.
- Roast the lamb for about 20-25 minutes, medium-rare.
- While you're roasting the lamb in the oven, slice and prepare the roasted carrots and asparagus. (Cook asparagus according to the instructions first)
- Roast the vegetables in a large frying pan with some olive oil until the vegetables are nicely coloured.
- When the rack of lamb is done, cut the lamb into chops, 2 ribs each to serve.
You can also choose a tasty sauce of your choice!
rosella - Cook and Pan.
At Cook and Pan you will not only find the tastiest dishes, we are also happy to give you Tips & Tricks for the kitchen. You can also shop the most beautiful and high-quality kitchen items at Cook and Pan! Many satisfied customers have already preceded you, feel free to view our collection .
Want more inspiration from Rosella? Check out her Instagram: @ kookbijroos ! Here you will also find her inspiring cookbook.
Do you have any questions about this recipe or do you want to let us know how delicious this was?! We are always open for contact! Feel free to mail to info@CookandPan.nl or fill in the contact form on the website.